Friday, May 22, 2009

*SIGH*

Can you feel it?  Take a second, a deep breath.  Aaaaaaahhhhhh.  It's the beginning of a THREE DAY WEEKEND!  It is a wonderful evening here, I made it through the week and what a long, rainy week it's been here in Orlando.  It has poured every day and I don't know about you, but I like to be curled up on the couch with a good book when it rains.  Rainy days make me think of toasted cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, wrapped up in a blanket with my kitty sitting on the back of the couch keeping me company.


Rainy days are not to be spent behind a desk wishing you were at home.  Aaahhhh, it feels great sitting here at the computer with this weekend (read, time to crochet!) ahead of me.  Here are the reasons this weekend is going to be awesome.

1.  I get to wear this!


This came in the mail today from Sweetbrooke.  You can see their Etsy shop here.  I love their page so much I linked it twice.  They have so many incredible, unique jewelry items.  I fell in love with this bracelet as soon as I saw it and I'm sitting here in my pajamas wearing it. 

2.  Tomorrow is my godson's birthday party.  He turned four years old last week and we're celebrating tomorrow. I can't believe it's been four years already. I love him so much and I'm so excited to celebrate his birthday. I got a couple games and a Spongebob coloring book...they're waiting to be wrapped...

3.  I get to finish this beautiful scarf!


This is the second of my two requested scarves and I am in love with this yarn.  It's 100% wool but still soft and the colors are so pretty.  My friend asked for "pink and chocolate" and this scarf fits the bill (in several shades) and it looks like her, like something she would wear.  I'm very excited to finish it for her.

4.  Friends, here we come.  I have come to the conclusion that I will never take a week off work to watch Friends straight through.  It would be wonderful, I would accomplish so much as far as my crocheting goes but it's just not going to happen.  All of my shows have come to an end for the season so, I've decided to start now.  Season 1 begins tonight.

5.  DMV - OK, so going to the DMV isn't really anything to be all that excited about under normal circumstances.  However, I have the card that says I've completed the Motorcycle Safety course so all I need to do is go to the license branch and get an updated license and I'm official!  Since they're open during the week at the most inconvenient hours possible, I have to fight every other working Floridian on the weekend to make this change.  Once it's done, I can legally drive a motorcycle!  I was a little burned out right after the course and wasn't sure if I would actually want to drive a motorcycle again but now that I've had a chance to rest my mind and get out of the heat, I'm anxious to get back on.  I definitely need some practice on a closed course before taking it to the street but I want to give it a chance.

6.  I get to sleep in for three days!!  Yes, I know it would be best if I got to the license branch as soon as it opens tomorrow morning but, let's face it, I'm going to stay up way too late tonight trying to finish that scarf and getting up in time to be all prettified (they're going to take my picture for the new license, I can't just roll out of bed and go) and AT the DMV by 8 a.m. is just not happening.  I will just take a little project (squares perhaps?) and crochet in line.

So, I'm going to bid you goodnight for now.  I have a stack of gifts to wrap and a scarf to finish. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope your new bracelet (which I really like!) doesn't have a magnetic clasp :) Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete