Thursday, May 7, 2009

Good News, Bad News

OK, the good news is...I know the pattern for the coverlet! The bad news is, it's not crochet, it's a quilt. 1, 2, 3...awwww. It's called a yo-yo which involves making a little pouch and then ironing it flat and sewing all the "rosettes" together. I believe this can still be recreated but it's not going to be as easy as I had hoped. I will still admire this quilt and strive to replicate it. I made a valiant effort this evening but got sidetracked by the little amigurumi peas in a pod. Here is the pod and a half finished pea. This time tomorrow, there will be two.



They don't look like much yet but when they are finished, they will be a little bride and groom, with one of them in a top hat and one in a veil. I wish I could tell you this was significant in some way but it isn't, I just thought it was too cute not to make. Maybe I'll leave it at my boyfriend's house as a very subtle hint. hehe

I went shopping after work today. Usually I'm pretty restrained, I've done the credit card thing and dug myself into a bit of a hole so it's rare that I get too crazy with my money. (Although, yarn seems to be an exception to that rule, but then where I'm concerned, yarn is the exception to all rules.) I had to go to Target first to get some gloves and boots for my MOTORCYCLE LESSONS this weekend...yep, you read that right. My friend and I are crossing something off of our bucket lists. I'm really excited about it...other than the fact that we have to BE there for the lesson at 7 a.m. On SATURDAY! Thanks, Robin. Love ya, mean it. She had a valid point for wanting to sign up for the earlier class but for the life of me, I can't think what that was. But I digress. So I found baseball gloves that are hot pink and black (should be cute with my purple shirt, ha!) and boots on clearance (score!) so I'm ready to go. I happen to be in a shopping plaza that has a craft store just down the way. I thought I'd walk in and browse about and head home, I was just there a few days ago, I have plenty of projects in the works and several more I'm itching to start. Just a quick visit...but then...I don't know what happened. I walked down the yarn aisle and then I ran into the patterns and I was just going to look for a pattern similar to the quilt (have I mentioned that I'm just a tiny, wee bit obsessed with that thing?) and then I saw that cotton was on sale and, well, where is the voice of reason when you need it? So, in addition to the cotton thread I got for aprons (the cost of that kind of doesn't count, it's for a special requested order!) I got these books. Look closely...


Are you as disbelieving as I am?? 101 Granny Squares, has Drea lost her mind? Well, I picked it up with the pretense of finding something similar to the quilt (um, I'm perhaps a little more obsessed with that thing than I might have initially led you to believe) and there were all these pretty squares in there, I mean really gorgeous and I wanted to make every single one. I think I'm going to have to concede to the squares. Game, set, match. And I already love ripples to begin with so the "154 Crocheted Wave Patterns" hardly took any rationalization at all. Then I saw the title "You Can Crochet Socks" and I picked up the book and said, "Why, yes I can!" and added it to the stack.

Ah, the heady euphoria of buying yarn. It doesn't fade like caffeine. A good bag of yarn and some great patterns can keep me going for DAYS! I fight sleep for nights on end so I can do "just one more row."

Well, the pea is calling my name. He's lonely and would like a friend. It's getting pretty late but one more row won't hurt.

1 comment:

  1. Alright......

    1- I'm so excited to see the little peas!! But right now their pod kind of looks like a sock. Which perhaps is inspiration for the sock book you got? Hmmm...

    2- GOOD LUCK (I already said this) tomorrow! No matter what happens, you'll look good in your new boot and hot pink gloves!! You cute lil badass......

    3- You got a special requested order??? That's awesome!!!!!!

    oh, and-

    4- I think once the pea- or whatever you may be working on at the time- starts calling your name, its time to put the project aside and go to bed. Just....a thought. :-)

    ReplyDelete