Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Obsessed

I have become an obsessed woman. My friend, Wendi, and I were watching Friends this weekend when I became ENAMORED with this coverlet that is in Phoebe's room. Go check it out for yourself. It is season 7, "TOW All the Candy." It's the one where Ross gets Phoebe a bike and then when trying to teach her to ride, he lets go and she falls down. At the very end of the episode, he goes into her room to apologize and she's sitting on her bed and the coverlet is GORGEOUS!! It is so simple and stunning and I WANT TO MAKE IT (because I don't have enough projects in the works, I need just one more)! The problem is...I can't find a pattern ANYWHERE. (It seems I've also become enamored with capital letters!) I have Googled like crazy, and finally gave up on "Friends" "Phoebe" "crochet coverlet" "Lisa Kudrow" "TOW All the Candy" and every variation of these together. Friends is old enough now that no one is talking about it anymore and very few people are so obsessed as to have noticed the coverlet to begin with. So, I began Googling "crochet coverlet" and "flower garden" to see if I could find a similar adaptable pattern with NO success. I have come to the conclusion that I will have to create my own pattern. I have never done this before so it should be interesting. My plan is to go to Michael's tonight and look for any type of pattern for flowers or hexagons or (gulp) squares that might be manipulated as I wish. I'm going to find that part of the episode and pause it and see if I can figure out about how big a square is in real life and how many little flowers are in each square so I can try to figure out how big it is, maybe even do a little sketch which should be interesting since I'm not even a little bit artistic. I already have an idea of what thread yarn I'd like to use. We'll see how this all plays out. Should be fun. If anyone has any information on this pattern or a good picture of it, I will reward you handsomely with a beautiful white coaster or a blanket for your Barbie.

1 comment:

  1. you're a friends fan, too??!! i have so many fond memories of megan and me watching it together all those years ago. now, if i want to watch it my hubbie bill just groans. hee hee i may have to try to catch this episode just so i can see the coverlet. i think what you have is called "coverlet envy." :)

    big, huge congratulations on getting your blog up and running! woot!! the next time i post i'm going to include a link to your blog!

    and, please, please post photos of your sketches of the coverlet, the yearn ,etc. it will be fun to follow your progress on your blog.

    say hi to your mom and grandma for me!

    ReplyDelete