Tuesday, May 19, 2009

100 Things

1. I love to laugh. That statement defines me pretty well.
2. I am able to laugh at myself and have occasion to do so more often than I’d like.
3. I am a very happy, friendly person.
4. I always try to see the good in other people.
5. I believe everyone has some good in them.
6. I am a Christian and my faith is in Jesus Christ.
7. I am in love with a wonderful man who is wonderfully in love with me.
8. My family is awesome and I miss them so much.
9. I am one of 10 children. I have a younger brother and sister and seven stepbrothers and sisters. I am very blessed.
10. I am blessed to have two best friends. My sister and Ann.
11. Ann and I moved from Indiana to Florida together on a whim and a prayer.
12. After almost nine years here, I am a Floridian – I get cold when it drops below 80 degrees.
13. It is amusing to my sister to watch me shiver in 65-degree weather when I visit in the fall. Her exact word is, “Pansy.”
14. Other than my family, the thing I miss the most about living in Indiana is the changing of the seasons. Especially spring. But I also believe you have to survive the winter to truly appreciate the spring. Deep, I know.
15. I also miss cows and fields. I never thought I’d say that.
16. I am the VERY proud godmother of an incredible, imaginative, creative four-year-old boy.
17. I am a huge country music fan, thanks to my Grandpa! I enjoy all types of music (except rap) but always return to my first love.
18. My favorite band is Sister Hazel.
19. I love them even though they’re not country.
20. I am not an organized, neat person. I can handle a LOT of clutter before I get the urge to clean. And “clean” is a little strong, I mostly straighten.
21. I am very sentimental about things and feel the need to keep EVERYTHING! This amps up the clutter factor.
22. I enjoy road trips.
23. I have a Bucket List – Skydive, learn to drive a motorcycle, go whitewater rafting, visit England…
24. I now have a motorcycle license.
25. I am an adrenaline junkie. I will try just about anything once.
26. Even though I want to skydive, I have a strange aversion to bungee jumping.
27. At some point in my life, I will probably get talked into bungee jumping.
28. Roller coasters are my favorite (and most easily accessible) drug.
29. Crocheting has taken over my life. (Wow, I got to number 29 before I brought up crocheting.) It is all I want to do while I’m at work and all I do when I am home. If I have to sit still anywhere for more than 5 minutes, I’m crocheting.
30. I have attempted knitting but it felt awkward. I think knitted things are beautiful and will try it again when I’m caught up on my current crochet projects.
31. I will never be caught up on all the crochet projects I have started.
32. I also love to scrapbook but not enough to put my crocheting down.
33. I also cross-stitch but I’d rather scrapbook.
34. I enjoy origami but it got lost in the shuffle of my other hobbies.
35. It is very easy to suck me in to a new hobby but nothing trumps crocheting.
36. Exercise and I have a love-hate relationship. I hate it and every time I do it, it loves to remind me how much I hate it.
37. I am a somewhat obsessive person. (Stop laughing.)
38. I would like to take a week off work and watch the entire series of Friends straight through.
39. I believe that everything in life can somehow be related back to Friends.
40. I frequently quote Friends whether the person I’m talking to knows what I’m referring to or not.
41. I am a major procrastinator. Major. It is an art form where I’m concerned. I firmly hold to the motto “If it weren’t for the last minute, a lot of things wouldn’t get done.”
42. I love to do things people don’t expect.
43. No one cries alone in my presence.
44. I love making lists.
45. I can be very forgetful – hence the lists.
46. I am an improving cook.
47. If you come to eat at my house, you will be served one of my seven rotating core recipes.
48. My favorite drink is Root Beer.
49. My favorite color is lavender, followed closely by turquoise. Blue turquoise, not green turquoise. Yes, there’s a difference.
50. I work at a golf course but I am a terrible golfer.
51. I love to play putt-putt.
52. I can eat the same thing for months on end and it typically involves eggs.
53. I prefer sweet snacks to salty ones.
54. I love, love, LOVE dark chocolate.
55. I love to eat breakfast foods for dinner.
56. I believe cereal is good for any meal of the day.
57. I love sleeping in and love to take naps.
58. I love staying up after midnight. I’m my most active and alert between 12:30 a.m. and 2:00 a.m.
59. I love to clean in the middle of the night.
60. My favorite song of all time is “It’s Raining Men” because it makes me happy and you can’t help but dance to it.
61. If I burp in an empty room, I will still say, “Excuse me.”
62. I prefer driving a manual transmission. Driving an automatic is boring.
63. I love to play Guitar Hero, and I’m pretty darn good at it.
64. I’m generally not very good at video games.
65. I love storms…as long as I’m inside. There’s something very awesome about a good thunderstorm.
66. Rude drivers put me absolutely over the edge.
67. I talk to rude drivers and tell them what they did that offended me even though I know they can’t hear me and don’t care.
68. Sometimes I yell at rude drivers.
69. I try very hard to never be a rude driver.
70. I don’t watch the news (or even attempt to keep up with it).
71. Most people find this rather appalling for some reason.
72. I voted for the first time in the 2008 election at the age of 31. It was my proudest moment as an American.
73. I took years and years of piano lessons as a child and still enjoy playing.
74. I should be much better at playing piano than I am.
75. I always thought I was a dog person until I got a cat.
76. I adopted Lemieux, my solid black cat, in October.
77. I talk to my cat like he’s a person. I talk to all pets.
78. I love being greeted by my Mew when I walk in the door. It makes the day better no matter how bad or how good it’s been.
79. I absolutely hate spiders and cockroaches…seriously. I will scream squeak and run in place the entire time I’m trying to kill them.
80. I like snakes.
81. I think it would be so neat to have a pet rat.
82. My boyfriend thinks I’m crazy for wanting a pet rat.
83. He doesn’t like snakes either…or cats.
84. If I don’t have to leave the house, I do not feel the need to shower.
85. I love jewelry but I don’t wear very much. This doesn’t stop me from buying it.
86. I rarely wear makeup. If I’ve got makeup on, it’s a very special day.
87. I consider myself to be a low-maintenance girl.
88. My favorite symbol is the Claddagh. I love the meaning behind it and wear a claddagh ring every day.
89. I do not like silence. In the absence of music, TV or another person, I will talk to myself.
90. I am pretty good company.
91. I love to sing but can’t sing harmony to save my life. I still try.
92. My favorite book as a child was “But No Elephants” and it was the first book I bought for my godson.
93. I cannot dance.
94. I love reading.
95. Twins run in my family on both sides.
96. I hope when I get pregnant that I have twins.
97. I know I’m crazy for hoping that.
98. I'm a very good speller and it drives me crazy when I see words misspelled.
99. I have a funny sense of humor but totally appreciate a sarcastic sense of humor.
100. I collect music boxes and dolphins.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Drea...how I wish KS & FL were MUCH closer to each other!!! I would MOST definitely watch Friends with you for a whole week!!! (Oh, & you're not crazy...I would love to have twins too! LOL) love ya & miss ya like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long did it take you to compile this list?

    ReplyDelete