Thursday, June 4, 2009

I think my endorphin factory is broken.  Now, granted, my knowledge of endorphins is restricted to the movie Legally Blonde, but according to Reese Witherspoon, exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy, happy people don't kill people...they just don't.  I'm not UNhappy, but I'm not feeling any particular additional happiness after my little attempt at exercising this evening.  And furthermore, I believe that I may have done something to tick off Denise Austin.  I don't know what it was but it must have been bad because she is trying to kill me!  Maybe her endorphin factory isn't working either.  At any rate, she has something against me BIG time.  Whew. 

So, I know you've been waiting with bated breath to see what's going on in the world of Drea.  (See, the sarcasm?  I'm not usually sarcastic...it's a lack of endorphins.)  I do have stuff to show you...good stuff. 

I've decided to give knitting another try.  I follow the Yarn Harlot's blog, she is a pretty well known knitter and has written several books...she's hilarious.  I stumbled across her blog and after reading one entry decided I had to go back to 2004 when she first started blogging to read everything she'd ever written.  She's that good.  She makes some of the most beautiful shawls and the coolest looking socks and I want to be able to do that.  So, here's a look at my dubious knitting...



Look at me knit! Now, while it perhaps looks like I've been moderately successful at this, looks can be deceiving. Knitting takes FOREVER! It is painstaking and you have to think about every stitch. And it's probably pretty funny to watch. I have a death grip on one needle, the other needle is flopping around all over the place. The cats won't come anywhere near me. There is a very deep crease between my eyebrows and I'm afraid I might be going just a little bit cross-eyed. I don't remember crocheting ever being this difficult. I'm not giving up but I am taking a break. I've started an apron hand towel for my friend. There's not enough of it to warrant a picture yet.

I've also made a discovery. Remember the coverlet I was drooling over? (Yes, here we go again.) Well, look what I made!!


I think it just might work. Does it look familiar? It should.


It turns out, if you make the center of my white squares with a larger thread and hook, it becomes what I've been searching for. Now, I just need to figure out how to easily hook these squares all together. But that will have to wait for another day. I have an apron to finish and knitting to master. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment