Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm so excited!  I ordered this painting from Julie King and it is so pretty!

You can read her blog here.  Her artwork is so amazing.  She does torn paper collage, photography and has ventured into painting with this piece.  You should definitely check out her Etsy store. I absolutely love it.  The girl reminds me of myself.  There is wisdom in her eyes and hope in her smile. Moving to Florida and being on my own has been such an amazing experience for me, a journey, if you will.  I'm finding myself and growing and learning about who I am and who I want to be.

I've also been working hard to finish the aprons for my friends.  They are coming along very well...

The cream and sage one is all finished and the blue and sage one just needs flowers...and please kindly ignore that I sewed the strap on backwards.  That will be corrected very soon.

I also finished the blanket for my friends baby shower.



And I started one of the two scarves my friend's mom ordered.



And this week I bought this book!!


I'm thinking about making a few to send with each order when someone buys something from my Etsy shop. That would be neat, huh? And I've ordered a book of shawls and wraps. I cannot WAIT for that to come in.

Well, I'm off to finish an apron or a scarf...eeny, meeny, miny, mo...

3 comments:

  1. thanks, drea, for featuring my art on your blog!!! you are so sweet and i am so happy that you like her!! it means a lot to me that this piece spoke to you and your own personal journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm over from Julie's blog. Your crochet work is just amazing! Love the artwork Julie did for you. It looks just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey- Welcome to blogging! I am here because of Julie- my curiosity got the better of me, and I am glad to meet you.
    No wonder you love that painting by Julie. She does resemble you! And I would have to agree with you- Julie does some wonderful work.
    Your crochet talents are pretty impressive, too.
    I crocheted something recently- of course I blogged about it- I hadn't done any crochet work in a really long time. I enjoyed it, and was wondering what I might do next.
    That book you mentioned looks pretty interesting...

    ReplyDelete