Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Randomness

This is going to be so random...all kinds of little things going on. The worst thing is I lost my crochet hooks. Each and every one of them. I have looked EVERYWHERE. I had them at my friend's house and somewhere between her house and my car or my car and my house, they disappeared. Luckily, crochet supplies are on sale this week so after several days of looking and hoping and wishing they'd return, I have replaced almost everything...which pretty much guarantees that I will find it all tomorrow. Ha! I had a zippered pouch that I bought at Walmart before but this time, I've decided to get a handmade crochet roll, I'm going to support my fellow Etsians. I will be sure to post pictures once I get one.

I had another knitting class today and I was able to follow a pattern!! It's so exciting to be able to make progress and feel pretty comfortable with the stitches.


If ONLY the yarn were actually that color. In reality it is a day-glo orange. Why is this color, the color that is used to make sure hunters are visible in the forest, why is it in my stash? Well, a few years ago, I made a rainbow afghan. It turned out very pretty but the orange all by itself is just a touch glaring. Anyway, that's my progress from the class this afternoon. I do believe that I can say with some confidence (and a little pride) that I am a knitter.

The "Classic" is coming along...


It got delayed for a couple days what with the lost hook but I should be able to get back to it this week.

I went on a bike ride this evening which was awesome! It felt soooo good to be out in the fresh air with the wind in my face, pushing myself to make it a little farther...and then make it back to the house. It feels good to be getting exercise, I definitely need it. While losing some weight is a definite goal, I think the most important thing is to be healthier. It makes me think of a website I ran across recently called Operation Beautiful. As women, we are so prone to putting ourselves down and maintaining a negative body image and this website encourages everyone to take little opportunities to leave notes in public places to remind others that they are beautiful. There is something amazing in all of us and sometimes we need to be reminded. I highly recommend you check out this site and participate! And don't forget, you are beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. oops! I just remembered that I haven't posted that 10 secrets thing, so I sat here and thought...I don't think I have too many secret things, and the ones that are secret, are too private to divulge! Aaaaghhh!
    Anyway, this exercise thing...Love it once I get going, and def. after I am finished. I'd been working on improving my time and distance on a treadmill (sp.?) but had to take a break recently. Last night I was feeling the effects(sp. again?) of NOT WORKING OUT so I took the dog out for a walk, prepared to go as far as he wanted- which could have been a good distance, only, he didn't want to walk! We'd been gone for 15-20 minutes, but never made it off my street! Go figure!
    I will check out this website you mentioned.
    j.

    ReplyDelete