Saturday, July 25, 2009

Recreating a...Classic?

I have a very interesting and fun challenge ahead of me. My friend's grandmother crocheted a blanket a long time ago, most likely in the 70's when these colors were still used together. Her sister loves this blanket and keeps it with her wherever she goes. Unfortunately, it's showing the signs of being well loved and is a little worn.


See how loved it is? So my friend asked me to recreate this blanket. I even decided to make a "travel" sized blankie so the whole thing doesn't have to be packed in a suitase.


Looks pretty good, huh? Pretty close to the original. I've started the full-sized blanket and it's going to take some time to make a lot of progress. The color bands are really wide but it's very fun to see it grow. I wish I could be a fly on the wall at Christmas when this package is opened!

2 comments:

  1. Teeheehee.....awesome!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hey...I warned you!! You have been tagged for the Honest Scrap award! Please visit my blog for details! : )

    ReplyDelete