Friday, July 17, 2009

It Couldn't Last

OK, you knew it wasn't going to last, right? I fell off the yarn wagon just a little bit. But it's OK, it's really OK. It's perfectly reasonable and justifiable. And I'm hopping right back on now that I got that out of my system. I had lunch with a friend a few days ago and she's going to have a baby and I promised her a long time ago that I would make a blanket for her baby and, well, they just found out it's a girl. This...


is for the princesa. It was NECESSARY for me to buy this yarn. It's OK to fall off the wagon if you're fulfilling a promise to a friend, right?

And look what I saw today when I was getting yarn...


It's a pigeon-toed chicken. Anyone else find that funny? No, just me?

2 comments:

  1. Love the chicken!

    I recently learned the term "SABLE" - Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy. I've given up trying to "stay on the wagon". No matter how much yarn I have - I always find something else that I need.

    I'm sure the blanket you make will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You def. needed that pink yarn! And yes, poor chicken...he is pigeon-toed...and yes, that is pretty funny.
    Or wait, is he a rooster?

    ReplyDelete