Saturday, September 5, 2009

Remember Me?

I know it's been quite a while since I've posted. I wish I could tell you that I started a lot of new things and I have, in a way. I've started the same sock about five times and had to rip it out each time. Yep, right on the heels (haha) of learning to knit, I'm learning to knit socks. This is my progress currently...


It's a good start and I feel pretty good about it. I need to get some tutoring on how to correct mistakes. I dropped a stitch last night and instead of putting the project aside and asking my friend to help me correct it later, I ripped it back. Knitting is so fun and I'm enjoying it so much but it's been a little frustrating. Crocheting was never this difficult.

Speaking of crocheting, I feel like I'm cheating on it a little bit. I've barely worked on anything lately because I'm having so much fun with the knitting. I did start the baby blanket for the Princesa and it's looking so pretty.


This is absolutely my favorite baby blanket pattern. It looks very delicate but is very simple to make and it works up so quickly.

I finished the Monster Shawl. It ended up being so huge that when I drape it over my shoulders, it reaches the ground on both sides. Oops! It's so pretty and I love the color.


The green is a little darker than the picture shows. Here's a close up of the edging.


My roommate is going to give this to her sister, thank goodness she's tall!!

On a really cool note, I'm pet sitting for my friend while she's on vacation. Want to take a guess what kind of animal I'm caring for?


Meet Boo. She has another rat named Harriet but she's very shy and prefers not to come out of her house when I'm around. Boo is not shy and she's very curious. I'm having some much fun watching them. Rats are such cool pets. My friend is also going home for Christmas and I get to keep them then too. The cats were very curious when the rats first got here but they haven't paid too much attention to them since.

Well, it's movie time. Gotta run!

1 comment:

  1. um- ew to the rats! (SORRY!)
    But your crochet work is BEAUTIFUL! You are right- the baby blanket is very delicate looking. So pretty for a baby.
    I don't know how you can call knitting FUN! HAHAHA! Dropped stitches, ripping out- oof- it is totally frustrationg (which I know you did admit to) but you called it fun!? I think that is why I prefer to crochet- I seem to make less mistakes- though I do make them! When I made that tote bag a few months ago, I had to start it over and over again, but I was determined to get it right! As it was though, like your shawl that you said was long, I think I made the straps a bit too long. Oh well.
    You do really lovely work. It's fun to see your progress.
    j.
    hey Drea- no offense on the pet-

    ReplyDelete